Summertime, and the Living is...Well?

Today is the first day of summer break.

I love the beginning of any break. There is something comforting about the start of a vacation, even when you aren't planning on going anywhere. Maybe this is part of my introversion, but I think that the first day of a long break holds so much promise. The only real goal that I'm making for this break is to nap whenever I want to.

My job is a music therapist in a private school that is publicly funded. We have an Extended School Year, so we will be returning to school in a mere 18 days. When we get back, I know that I will be refreshed. I often find myself getting tired of being home when I have the opportunity to be by myself for that long. It is the best way of renewing my love for music therapy and for my clients.

When I am alone so much, my mind starts to get creative. I start to write music, make visual aids, sing to the cat, and change things.

Be prepared.

When I spend so much time out of my regular routine, I tend to post lots on my blog...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA