TME Tuesday - Start WIth A Song

Well, here it is TME Tuesday again. I am currently in the middle of my second Spring Break and am not really into thinking about what is going on out there in my particular music therapy world. On the other hand, I am still in general music therapy mode, so here is the beginning of a Song-based Therapeutic Music Experience (TME) decision tree.

A few explanations - I am a visual learner. I can remember all types of things if they are presented in a visual format, so I naturally arrange my learning into visuals. I struggled with session and TME development in college until I realized that all my supervisors wanted me to do was write down a flow chart. Then, it just clicked. I've kept this idea with me ever since. Flow charts are something I can understand.

So, as an attempt to help out those others out there who think like me, I have made some of these graphic decision trees. Here is the first part. I hope it will help some of you faithful readers to conceptualize how I develop new song-based TMEs for my clients.

Let me know if this is helpful, difficult to understand, or just a plain old waste of time. You can reach me at contactus@musictherapyworks.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA