On the Downhill Slide

It is Thursday of Spring Break. This is always the time when I start to get myself ready for the return to work - back to the 7:30-4:00 daily grind - back to making music for others. I haven't done as much as I wanted, but every place shows that some effort has been made towards cleaning and organizing. I am satisfied with how I've kept myself occupied during the past several days.

Now that I have more break behind me than in front of me, I am making some decisions about how I will be spending my remaining time. I started a pizza box project for my music therapy clinic - I'm not sure how that will turn out, but I have hopes for these boxes. I think they will end up being my substitute plans - session in a box! We will see. I'll spend some time playing around with ideas, paints, and papier mache. (If I get something done, I'll post pictures.)

There is a sense of anticipation as well - what will happen this upcoming week? What will my clients do during music therapy? Will there be new folks to get to know? Of course there will be. That is the only constant in a life in a residential treatment facility - folks are discharged and admitted constantly.

Either way, it is time to start getting ready to end vacation and start up the work ethic again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA