Lazy Days

I am enjoying a lazy day today. You know the ones? You don't change out of your pajamas, and you stay home all day doing the things that need to get finished. That's my day today.

It has been a productive day even though I am still in pj's at 3:14 pm. I slept in late (6:30 am!), and then started some chores that I had neglected. I finished an internship review, wrote a letter, spent time putting together a presentation for regional conference next weekend, and then finished one of my pizza box projects. All I need to do now is print it out and glue it to the pizza box, and, PRESTO! Finished substitute plan for some of my groups!

I think the best thing about days like this is that there is no need for anything specific to have to happen. I didn't have to do any of the things that I finished, but I am glad that I took the time to do so. Now I can spend some time with my other chores - a presentation for Tuesday evening, arrangements for my trip to conference this upcoming weekend, and the laundry. (There is always the laundry.)

What to do with the rest of the day? Watch movies, eat Girl Scout Cookies, play with some ideas that I have - internship handbook, some other products - and some just plain old play. There will be family phone calls and some drama there, I am sure, but it will continue to be a lazy day.

Lazy days give me the energy that I need to do all the rest of the things that I do during my work weeks. As an introvert, I finally understand that my way to energize requires that I spend time alone. Once I can do that, I can go out into the world and give my energy to others.

This next week will be a busy one, full of energy-sapping events that I will enjoy but that will tire me out. So, today's opportunity to be lazy is just that much more important to me.

Off to finish my lazy day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA