The Online Conference for Music Therapy 2014

Yesterday, the third Online Conference for Music Therapy ended. There were 17 international speakers (including 3 keynote speakers) who spoke on a variety of topics, offering many viewpoints on music therapy practice, theory, and research. It was a good conference, and I was able to remain healthy throughout the entire thing (that is a new development - last time I got horribly sick).

This conference is a labor of love for me. I enjoy the conference. I enjoy most of the people who are involved, but it takes up lots of my personal time. It is truly one of the best and worst things that I do as a therapist.

There are lots of things that go on behind the scenes of any conference, and an online conference is no different. There are decisions about when to hold the conference, what platform to use, which presentations to accept, how to train the presenters, how to send out CMTE information, and the list goes on and on and on. It is amazing how much time is sucked away when you are trying to organize an event.

Having said all that, the best thing about this conference is that it is the third. I finally feel that I am getting a handle on how to do all of this, but am often frustrated by the nuts and bolts of the situation.

I am now at the point where I am going to make a decision about staying or branching off on my own. We will see what is going to happen.

For now, though, I am pleased with the job that we have done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA