And, WHOOSH!!!

I was sitting outside two group sessions today, listening to what was going on in music therapy as sessions were led by my interns, when, WHOOSH, my creative spark returned.

I've been writing quite a bit about my recent lack of creativity, but I knew that it would return at some point. This flood of creativity was a bit surprising. I was expecting that there would be a gradual return. This was not gradual at all. It was more like a dam bursting and all the floodwaters sweeping through the spaces in my brain.

I'm currently hoping that it wasn't a one-time thing, but I will enjoy it as it happens.

So, what does a creative rush look like for me? Today it was the creation of three therapeutic music experiences (TMEs) - lyrics and some rhythms. Every kid that I heard, saw, or interacted with during the day sparked a new verse or a new song. Whew, kids were very vocal about lots of different things - "being fair," "being cranky," "people who bother me," you name it - it started me thinking and singing and writing.

At this point, I need to sit down and flesh out my other ideas. It is time to keep feeding the creative spark so it continues to burn. I will spend some time playing with sound, creating new things, and listening to the music of others to feed my spirit and brain.

Looking forward to the next several days...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA