What is Coming Next?

The start of a new calendar year is usually less important to me than the start of a new school year - one of the situations faced by many a school-based therapist. I never get holiday cards out to my friends and family, but I think about things like lifestyle changes and things I want to do at both times of the year. The new year seems to be more of a time for personal reflection while the start of the school year is more a time for professional ideas. So, now it is time for some personal reflections... (sorry in advance!)

This year, 2014, will be a time for creative interaction with others. My webinars will continue (see www.musictherapyworks/webinarsandcourses.html for more details), and I will FINALLY get my CBMT pre-approved provider application into CBMT for review.

I will enjoy the music therapy interactions that I have with my clients, learning from them in every way possible. I will challenge them and myself to be better musicians and people.

I am going to strive to be the best internship director that there has ever been! (I realize that I will fall WAY short of this goal, since, you know, I am human!) I am going to work on helping my students towards their own goals of being therapists. I am going to write about this journey in my personal journal as well as in this blog. The job of internship director is one that I love, but it is one that challenges me continuously. That is a good thing. I will work with a bunch of great internship directors to help them help other IDs be the best supervising music therapists and internship directors that they can be!

Looking over this list, it seems to be more professional than personal... hmmm.

So, personal things. I am going to strive to be healthier. While the gut-stuff of 2013 is now resolved by surgery, I still have some work to do to keep my new gut from going the same direction. More fiber and vegetables - less bread and cheese.

I will try to get out into the world of new people more often. I would like to have a friend that I know completely outside the worlds of work and church.

I will take time to laugh, cry, and rage when it is important to do so.

I will make Runzas for myself when it is necessary.

I will disconnect from people who are rude or unhealthy.

I think that's enough for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA