Enjoying an Upswing

This past weekend was a good one. We celebrated Martin Luther King's birthday with a day off, and I spent it at home. Now, I'd like to tell you that I spent time in contemplation of the wonderful man who we were celebrating, but I didn't. I opted to do a bunch of non-work related work and take a nap instead. The upshot of the three-day weekend was returning to work feeling relaxed and ready to do what needed to be done yesterday. It was a good feeling to be heading into work feeling happy.

I awoke this morning at 3:30am. This seems to be my typical pattern lately. Rather than grumbling and trying to sleep more, I laid in bed thinking and then started the day. Now, at 5:07am, I have finished all of my OCMT 2014 correspondence, reviewed all of my emails, spent some time playing on social media, and am now blogging. 

Today, we have a classroom that will be going on a field trip during their music therapy time. So, an extra hour for us (myself and both inters) to fill during the day. I am thinking that I will take the time to review some documents and tasks for AMTA. Also, I received official word yesterday that my work schedule will be changing in a way I have requested, making me a VERY happy employee at the moment. This news will require some problem-solving and contemplation when I see how the schedule changes will affect the internship program as well as the way music therapy services are provided at my facility.

It is amazing how some time to yourself and some good news can give you a zing as you go into your day...week...month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA