I'm Truly Humble

When I logged into Blogger this morning, I found that the number of blog views has hit 10.063! Wow! Now, I know the scheme of all things "bloggy." 10,000 may not be a great statistic in 7 years, but for a little place where I post random thoughts and ideas about music as a therapeutic medium and what happens in my small world of music therapy, it is pretty tremendous to think that people out there in the internet have looked at these posts over 10,000 times. Thank you!

So, anyway, back to the normal state of things here at music, therapy, and me

This week's inspired Therapeutic Music Experience (TME), the Anger Monster Mash, seemed to be a hit for most of my students. Depending on the overall level of function for group members, we talked about our responses to feeling angry. We evaluated whether the responses were "good" or "bad," specifically in terms of hurting self, others, or property. One group labeled each of the 11 monsters with a behavior. Others did not. We then sang a piggyback version of the Monster Mash that dealt with how we act out our anger. It moved us through a trigger, responses, safety assists when we were not safe, and coping skills. In between verses, we "MASHED" the anger monsters with our feet. I think it was a hit, and something we can do again to lead into a deeper discussion of what we should and shouldn't do with our anger emotion.

Something that I'm playing around with in the deep recesses of my brain is an internship handbook for music therapy students. I'm trying to develop a text that covers lots of what goes on during internship so students will have some warning... I hope to have a rough draft proposal to AMTA next summer...

That's what's happening in my part of the music therapy world - getting ready for the AMTA conference in Jacksonville through setting up my meeting agenda, making sure that I have all of my notes for all of my meetings, and starting to pick my wardrobe. Gotta look professional, ya know?

Thank you so much for looking at this blog. Here's to the next 9,937 views!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA