AMTA 2013 is Only 10 Days Away!

Yipes!

Only 10 days left until one of the most fulfilling and most challenging times of my year - the American Music Therapy Association National Conference!

In 10 days, I will be leaving home for the riverfront of Jacksonville, Florida for five days of meetings, networking, discussions, and opportunities to immerse myself in music therapy. It is wonderful to be able to sit in a meeting and listen to people who know what music therapy is without having to define it over and over again. It is great to be around a community that uses music everyday for therapeutic reasons and outcomes. I enjoy seeing old friends, meeting students, actually personally interacting with people that I only know from social media, and making new music therapy connections. That is fun, rewarding, and fulfilling for a therapist who spends lots of time on her own in a job where only one other person even has an inkling of what music therapy is about.

Now for the challenging parts. Conference is a busy time and especially wears me down. I think this is the introverted part of me speaking now. I love being involved in the social aspects of conference, but I am so very busy during the entire time! I tend to spend any "off-time" when I'm not in meetings, CMTEs, or leading presentations, desperately seeking some solitude. My social interactions have suffered over the past 3 years. I haven't had much energy or the desire to sit and chat in bars with friends. I'm going to try to do more of that this year. 

If you are a person who knows me through Facebook, this blog, webinars, or presentations, please look for me sitting somewhere sort of quiet and out of the way. Talk to me, please. Let me know how you know me and let's interact in real time and in the same space.

Hope to see you there!

Off to Jacksonville!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA