It's Been a While Now

Whew. Lots of things have been going on, and I keep sitting down to write something, but I head down a tangent that is not really blog-worthy, and then I delete things. So, here we are.

So, life. Hmm.

In the past several weeks, my facility has gone through another upheaval caused by the defection of a long-time teacher and seven of our students. We've closed one classroom, added another classroom, rearranged all of the other classrooms and basically stirred up all sorts of things. Administrators are mumbling about dress codes and "teachers should be teaching" - themes that are near and dear to my heart, but that have been ignored for several years now. I almost started to laugh in the meeting, but managed to restrain myself.

Right now, I am continuing to move through my current schedule and am trying to fill up the rest of my time with music therapy sessions. I managed to secure a music therapy room for group sessions - this should get teachers off my back for being "too loud" during music therapy. Ugh. I have to make music - that's part of my title and each and every teacher that I work with know that. 

Aargh! This is what I've been battling the past several days. I've just been moving down the wrong thought paths and can't seem to turn around.

Reverse.

Tomorrow is CPR/First Aid so I am deserting my intern to run three groups. She has explicit instructions to lead her portions and then start the groups down the non-music therapy experience paths that I've decided on. She seems a bit hesitant, but it can't be helped. While I am listening to the trainer drone on and on about CPR/First Aid, I'm going to work on my schedule and my vision for music therapy at the facility. I hope to have a vision board complete at the end of training...

Maybe once I have a vision, I'll be able to move forward and not be sucked into the thought paths that keep popping up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA