Shoulda Zigged Instead of Zagging...

Oh, the joys of living a life two weeks after abdominal surgery!

I was doing pretty well until lunchtime today. I almost dropped a glass bowl of noodles on the ground. When I went to catch the noodles, I pulled something around my suture site. Blech. I am carefully monitoring my temperature, the area (just in case it swells), and my movements so I will know if I need to go to the doctor again. Here I thought I was doing so very well!

I went back to work yesterday for our first work day since Fall Break. I welcomed intern #21 to my facility, and tried to figure out how to use my computer (no internet, no server, no chance to use any of my jump drives...). I spent lots of time trying to remember the Internship Handbook and eventually gave up. Poor intern #21!

Monday is a typical inservice day. We will be sitting and listening to folks drone on and on about OSHA requirements (two years ago we heard about how to construct buildings to the proper specifications - Something essential in my role as a music therapist, right??), sexual harassment, blood-borne pathogens, and various and sundry other topics that have very little with day-to-day operations. I hope to take my TME file so I can write new things down during the discussions.

I have been in search of a project today. I have been unable to find anything to stimulate my desire to do anything other than sitting still on my cot in the living room (the bathroom is still not finished, and my bed is not accessible). Maybe I'll figure out some new webinars or maybe I'll just vegetate. Who knows?

Here's hoping that you zig when you need to zig, and have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA