An Oil Pan

Today I ventured out to Walmart in the early hours of the morning to grocery shop and get some things for my new work spaces. One of the things that I really wanted to find was an oil drip pan. I saw some ideas about how to use an oil drip pan as a magnet board, and I wanted to try it out on my cart!
Oil pan magnet door 
I found a drip pan tucked away near the oil treatment materials and loaded it up into my cart. It is very light, bends quite a bit, and makes some interesting noises as you go over bumps. It is shiny and is currently in the back of my car awaiting the trip to the music therapy storage closet. Here is a picture of an oil pan that I found on Pinterest:http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/d8/90/7d/d8907d14d1e a775af4d6439cd5b 1a89a.jpg

This example is attached to a door, but I'm not going to do that in the music therapy area - I'm going to add magnets to the back and stick it to the metal cart that I have in the psychiatric residential treatment facility storage area. I may buy another one for the day student storage area as well. I
have an idea that I can cover one side with felt for velcroed visuals and use the other side for magnets or white board materials. I need to test the board to see if it will be able to take dry erase markers. If not, I have a bunch of pre-magneted white boards that I can use on the metal side of things. Ooh, a new challenge and new ideas are starting to arrive. Lyric strips? Velcro pieces for stories?

The ideas are starting to flow. I love being able to find new uses for unusual materials, especially when those materials are not ever thought of as music therapy equipment or possibilities! 

So, off to play with my new drip pan.

(By the way, I spent $12 on the oil drip pan!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA