Preparing for the Next Adventure

So, today is the day for my first round of tests and procedures. I was up at midnight and at 3am and am now sitting here typing about my anxieties about this next week. Thank goodness for journaling, even if it is a public blog out there for anyone to read. There is something about having a place to put my thoughts down to see and been seen that helps me organize and accept my responses to things.

I'm going to the hospital today for a series of tests, an EKG, and colonoscopy. All of these things are new to me, and my natural bent towards being a weenie when it comes to medical things is starting to take over. I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, and I'm really tired of being scared to do things. Everyone tells me that I'm going to be fine, and I know I am, but that doesn't really assuage the feelings of anxiety that are sweeping over me again and again.

So, it's time to breathe.

It's also time to clean the kitchen, so I'm going to do that. I'll post this after my procedures for the day are over, so there will be an update... 

The next day...

Well, the colonoscopy was interesting. I was awake and alert for the entire procedure even through all of the medications that they put into my veins. I watched the scope go through my innards and saw all of the bits and pieces that are giving me trouble. It was interesting, but really not what I wanted to do - I wanted to be completely OUT!

My next step is surgery. This will also be a new experience and adventure. I guess it's pretty good to go for 43 years with only having wisdom teeth extracted. Here we go. It will be an adventure. That's it - an adventure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA