Intern Webinar Series Starts Tonight...

...and I am excited!

This is the second set of webinars that I host for music therapy interns. We have a chance to talk about internship-specific things, and I get an opportunity to network with interns in various stages of their training process. Tonight we are going to talk about the rights and responsibilities of music therapy interns.

Whoo-hoo!

(Can you tell that I get REALLY excited about these types of topics?? Do you think that is sad?? I often wonder...)

As the chairperson of the Association Internship Approval Committee of AMTA, it always surprises me how little interns know about what they should be doing and receiving during their internship. Most interns do not seem to know that they can file a noncompliance report if they need to do so. They don't seem to read the documents that are developed just for them. It's kinda sad, but I don't remember reading anything about being an intern when I went off into the great unknown 21 years ago. My internship director, Sheryl Kelly, ran the internship by the book, and I am very grateful to have had such an exemplary model as a supervisor. It has made my job as internship director much easier!

Our other topics will include developing things to do in sessions (Therapeutic Music Experiences), Time Management and Organization, The Therapeutic Triad, Marketing Yourself, Learning to Lead, and Self-Care for the Music Therapist.

I enjoyed the last series of seminars and hope to enjoy this series of seminars with a completely new crop of music therapy interns.

If you know any interns, please let them know about this opportunity!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA