The Library Update: Week 3-ish

FAIL! I did not read nearly as much as I had originally intended. I will NEVER get to my next reward level!! I'm going to start over in my count - back to one solid week of reading and then, special dessert!

Oh well. In my defense (because I always need to have a defense to justify to myself when I don't do what I had planned), this was a busy, crazy week. I did get some reading in - a bit more of Baker & Wigram's Songwriting text and a review of my old Sheet Music Magazines, but nothing was really in-depth or all that relevant to what I do on a daily basis.

So, back to the plan.

I want to read the equivalent of 60-minutes per day. The readings will be on music therapy techniques, theories, or therapeutic music experiences. I will stay within my own library offerings (translation: the scads and scads of texts that I have already purchased and use sparingly). I will read a bit of whatever tickles my fancy at the moment - there is no need to start at the beginning and read straight through. I will take notes and attempt some form of critical thought and integration into my own clinical process and philosophy.

By doing this, I think that I will further enrich my awareness of music therapy as a treatment modality, will provide more meaningful therapeutic experiences for my clients, and will be more effective in explaining music therapy to those who simply do not know.

I am also thinking it may be time to increase this into a social media group event...

Hmmm....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA