Updating the Music Files

I have an embarrassing number of CDs in my collection. Really, it's embarrassing how many CDs I own and store in my small house. Several years ago, I decided that I could no longer stand to have shelf after shelf after shelf full of CD cases. I moved my collection into many large books. In the process, I made sure that I copied my CDs onto my external hard drive.

Now, for some reason, my computer doesn't always remember that I have all of those files. So, there are times when I have to rerip some (and sometimes all) of my CDs.

I just finished updating my computer files.

It is nice to be able to see my collection. I have obscure pieces of music, popular music, and everything in between. It's fascinating what types of music are out there.

Need a version of The Circle of Life in Gregorian Chant style? I've got it. Need a karaoke version of a song from Andrew Lloyd Webber? I have at least one copy available for my listening pleasure. Want to hear Violet Eyes by the Meat Puppets? Yep, I can do that.

I enjoy music. (Well, duh! Of course I do!! How can you be a music therapist and not enjoy music, right?) Anyway... I have eclectic musical tastes and feel that I can best serve my clients by nurturing my tastes as well as experiencing the music that they prefer. So, my collection includes lots of songs that I would not usually choose as well as the songs that I love.

I have a new goal for myself. I will listen to a new song each week in an attempt to expand my musical familiarity and knowledge. I guess I need to figure out how I will do that...maybe my mp3 player...and my commute...and my car...hmmm.

Off to shuffle music to my mp3 player for listening and mind expansion.

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA