Fleeting Thoughts

I am in a situation where I get these random flashes of (well - let's call it brilliance since there is no one else in my brain) brilliance that flash into radiant flame and then, POOF, dissipate into complete opaqueness...

I had an idea about a song just about fifteen minutes ago, but that idea is now gone.

This has happened quite a bit lately. I blame it on snow day schedules, the upcoming time change, exhaustion, lack of sleep, and some mystery illness that causes me to smell burning things all over the place (there is nothing burning around me at all!).

I am not worried about this creative roller coaster since I have been through this time and time again. Eventually, I will even out and start to remember things for longer than just a flash of time. In the meantime, I will walk around with a pad of super sticky Post-It notes and a pencil, just in case I need 'em.

I have always been interested in creativity. How do we encourage that little flash of thought into a reality? How do we keep coming up with new songs, new experience ideas, new ways to move clients from one life situation to another one?

What do you do to refresh your creative spirit?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA