Weather or Not?

The snow is coming. It is no secret that the plains states are expected to see LOTS of snow in the next couple of days. I am getting ready for a couple of snow days at work (I am essential staff for our residents, so will report to work during inclement weather). I am packing my overnight stuff just in case I don't feel like traveling back to my town just in order to turn around and slog through the storm again for snow day #2.

I like snow days at my facility. Our day students stay at home, many of our staff members also stay home, and we have a day that has a relaxed pace. I do 30-minute sessions with all seven classes that are present at the facility. I keep some special Therapeutic Music Experiences (TMEs) just for snow days. We play Music Baseball, we sing campfire songs, and we relax.

There is something different about the world when it is covered in snow. Have you ever noticed that the world sounds different? The silence of snow is remarkable and is different from every other kind of weather.

I am looking forward to the next couple of days. Being snowed in at work may sound like something difficult, but it is not as bad as it sounds. Kids do very well on the first day of being snowbound. The change in routine is new and exciting. Day two is where the restlessness starts, and heaven help us when we have to go into snow day three! A relaxed schedule is a good thing every once in a while, but it is not a good habit to get into!

Gotta go to work and get my snow day plans ready! Here comes the snow!!

 

Comments

  1. A little part of me wishes I could have had a snow day experience during internship with you!! Hope you have a good day MJ!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sarah. I wish you could have as well. The day was pretty good - the next, not so much. I hope you are enjoying your time in TX. Sounds like the job is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA