The Funny Things That Happen Sometimes

Last week, my facility had two snow days, and I worked both days. The first day, I put my watch on my wrist during my drive to work, but when I got to the music room, I discovered a bare wrist - no watch. I first thought that I had forgotten to put it on, but when I went back to the car, the watch was gone. I was confused by this, but figured that I had lost it for good.

Tonight, I am getting ready for the next snow day by spending the night here in the music room. I was watching the guys use the snow plow to move the existing snow farther away from the parking lot to make room for the 9-24 inches (the actual number will probably fall between those two numbers, but the meteorologists haven't been able to agree on a total yet), and I happened to look at the bottom of one of the snow piles.

Lo and behold, there was my watch!

I went outside to get it and found that it had frozen at 6:07 - the time that I had arrived at the facility last Thursday. I guess I caught the edge on something and disconnected the band from the watch face.

It is amazing how such a little thing like finding my watch at the bottom of a six foot snow drift can change an outlook on life. What a joy!

Now, my current challenge is to figure out what to do to entertain 48 bored children and adolescents tomorrow for snow day #3. Sigh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA