Enough is Enough!!

Have you noticed a trend in my posts lately?? Here is a conscious effort to change all that!

Typically, my Novembers are fast - there is AMTA conference followed by two days of work and then the Thanksgiving holiday. I do not often have time to engage in Thankful themed TMEs with my clients. This year is very different.

With the AMTA conference already over, this year I have the entire month of November to work with my kids. We are starting to focus on being thankful for what we have - whatever that is.

Last Monday I placed the words, "Thankful Things" on my large bank of cabinets. I made two half sheets - one for narratives and one for drawing - and got out the markers and pencils. Kids came in, we did our opening TME, and I then asked them to write or draw about the things for which they were thankful. The response was wonderful!!

This week we will be singing or rapping about our thankful things.

I am enjoying the opportunity to spend some time thinking about being thankful. I am thankful for my clients - the people in my life who seem to value what I do with every interaction and encounter. I am thankful for my education and the people who have taught me everything I know. I am thankful for my friends. It is amazing who cares about me, and I enjoy being around each and every one of them. Their support and expressions of interest astound and amaze me! I am thankful for my family - for the four people who have shared many of my experiences with me and for the additional one who came into our lives ten years and 6 days ago.

My song this week will include many of these themes as I share my thanks with my clients this week. I know that many of their songs will also include similar things. We will have an opportunity to celebrate the good things that are in our lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA