Everybody's Rushing All Around

Do you ever feel like there just isn't enough time? I do - most of the time. This is REALLY evident to me at the present moment as I am getting ready for the AMTA National Conference, working at my full and part-time jobs, and attempting to engage in creative expression in order to develop more things to do...

Always moving around...and around...and around...and around...

Enough of that!

So, right now, I am sitting here writing my blog post while cooking meat for dinner and washing laundry. (Oops, gotta go start the laundry.) Goals for this evening include finishing the tasks listed above plus unloading and loading the dishwasher, writing down a TME idea that is percolating right now, and making the bed up with clean sheets. Oh, then there is the need to chase the cat and tackle her before smothering her with scratches between the ears and whisker kisses!!!

At times like this, when I am trying to set up my appointment calendar for the week of October 9-14th, I wish I had more. More time, more energy, more hands, more interest, more money... just more.

One of the things that I have learned as a music therapist is that you have to stop and breathe at times. If I don't take the time, my need for more time comes crashing down in a spectacular implosion leading to a VERY cranky MJ! That is something that I really try to avoid as it is not a good time for anyone in the vicinity. 

So, in order to be the best me I can be for my clients, I have to be more structured, less rushed, and able to focus on one thing at a time - then switch to the next thing to attend to - then switch to the next thing. Right now, the best thing for me to do is to press on through the tasks that I have, but not stress when I don't get everything done. It may be more important that I spend time with the cat than loading the dishwasher, and that has to be fine with me!


How do you find moments to slow down when you, and everyone else, is rushing all around you??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA