The Summertime Blues

It is summertime - officially now - and we can feel it here. The past three days have been hot, humid, and windy.

The kids are restless, the staff members are cranky, and there may not be a break in the near future. As a result, we are starting to get the summertime blues.

What are the summertime blues you may ask? According to Wikipedia...

"Summertime Blues" is the title of a song co-written and recorded by American rockabilly artist Eddie Cochran. It was written in the late 1950s by Cochran and his manager Jerry Capehart. Originally a single B-side, it was released in August 1958[1] and peaked at number 8 on the Billboard Hot 100 on September 29, 1958 and number 18 on the UK Singles Chart. It has been covered by many artists, including being a number-one hit for country music artist, Alan Jackson, and a notable hit for the English rock band, The Who.   
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summertime_Blues

In my reality, the summertime blues manifest themselves as ennui, lethargy, and lassitude in both myself and the persons I serve. The same old songs just do not cut it anymore. So, I find myself looking for new experiences for both myself and the kids in my sessions.


This week was the third round of sessions for my new targeted goal groups. We are finally becoming groups who work with each other rather than three individuals and a therapist. We engaged in some pretty awesome improvisations. 


Ah, the blues. There is a time to wallow and a time to shake yourself out. I am ready to shake myself out of this particular form of blues. Here I go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA