Brainstorming

My current blog themes vary between my current happiness initiative and creativity. Today's blog post will be creativity-based as I am currently a bundle of energy in search of a project. Do you ever get that way?

Now, I enjoy lots of different creative projects. I like to sew, craft, paint, sing, compose, write, draw, you name it! I am a jack-of-all crafts, master of none. This lack of specialization allows me to dabble in lots of things allowing me to find things to do that challenge my current mood.

Right now, I am without a specific project or goal in mind. So, it's time to start brainstorming...

WARNING: Creative process and stream of consciousness writing ahead! Proceed at your own risk!!

I bought three pencil pouches yesterday at the Dollar Tree (love that store!). This got me started thinking about contained activity packets for my M-ee (Music-enhanced education) products...a pencil pouch with three to four therapeutic musical experiences (TMEs), small file folder activities, and songs. Hmmm...

I have some large sheets of paper (also from the Dollar Tree) that have the following statements: IF I RULED THE WORLD and IF I WERE THE PRESIDENT. I have the beginnings of some melodies to go with these visual aids, but nothing has really bloomed yet.

My current senior intern is getting ready to start a position as an itinerant music therapist, so I am thinking about useful storage. I have an idea that incorporates some fabric, a milk crate, and velcro. No clue if it will work the way I want it to, but that is part of the creative process as well.

For me, brainstorming always starts with "what if." 

What if I could make something that would help other therapists keep their clients engaged outside of the music therapy session?

What if I could write a song to go with this visual aid?

What if I could make a tool that could help with organization and transportation of musical instruments in the back of a therapist's car?

Then, and this is the important part for me, I have to write it down! Brainstorming is often based in a moment, and if I do not write things down, I waste time trying to remember my "really great idea." So, I write it down.

Brainstorm over, time to make at least one of these things a reality. I'll keep you updated!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA