The Scholastic Book Fair Warehouse!!!

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to enter nirvana.

Confession time - I am a bibliophile.

If I had to choose between food or books, the decision would be VERY difficult. I would certainly decrease the quality of my food choices so I could also get books. The best thing EVER is a library card - I can use books and then get new ones. I love history, mystery, scientific texts,  music books, poetry books, atlases, journals, science fiction, romance novels, anything with Grover from Sesame Street in it, and more! I am afraid to start to count my books - there are a mind-numbing number of books in my home.

I enjoy everything about a book. I love holding them, I love listening to them as I use them, I like the way they smell. Books have been such a huge part of my life that I do not feel complete without a book at my fingertips.

So, an invitation to the Scholastic Book Fair Warehouse sale was a social event I could not resist!

My sister is a second grade teacher in California, and she gets these invitations on a regular basis. She has taken me to the warehouse near her in CA, but it has always been closed. That has been a cruel experience - being so close, yet still so far away!

Yesterday, my world opened up with my own invitation and my own warehouse to explore.

I entered the room, fastpass in hand, and started to walk down the aisles. Now, Scholastic hosts book fairs in schools across the country. When book fair season is finished, they send back the extra books and sell them for dramatic discounts to teachers and other school personnel. The warehouse is only open to the public for a short amount of time. I went to the first aisle and just stopped in shock. Seven feet of books to choose from. About 20 rows of shelves. About 50 feet of shelving per row. Oh my.

I was able to escape nirvana with 14 books and only spending $48.86 this time. Unfortunately, they gave me another coupon so I will be returning. Hopefully I will be able to get over my feelings of overstimulation and will be able to focus on purchasing books that will enrich my clients' music therapy experience. I think there will be lots of things that I can use in my practice, but, for the moment, I will just revel in the bliss of books.

I hope that there is something in your life that produces the feelings that I experienced for a short time yesterday. Find that thing and enjoy it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA