Creativity and Composition - Part One

In 6 days, I will be hosting my second ever webinar for music therapists and music therapy students. As I tend to come up with ideas about what I want to learn by looking around my life and wanting specific topics to appear in the music therapy world, this one has come out of a creativity desert. So, what did I do? I went back into my old presentations and culled out several things that helped me break out my creative rut into an increase of songwriting and creative applications I can use in my music therapy practice!

Before I get distracted, here are the details about the webinar:

Title: Composition and Creativity - Part 1
Description: A 1.5 hour seminar focusing on composing songs for use with music therapy populations. Music therapists and music therapy students welcome! Bring a pencil, some staff paper, and follow these steps to increase your creativity in music therapy sessions.
Date & Time: Thursday, May 24th, 2012 at 7:00 pm CDT
Please register for the above meeting by visiting this link:  http://MJ.enterthemeeting.com/m/42J5SNYS
Once you have registered, we will send you the information you need to join the webinar.

Any and all folks interested are welcome! Does not cost any money, so please plan on joining us!

There are so many things that I have forgotten over my years of leading therapeutic musical experiences with folks, that I have to make a special effort to review that material whenever I find myself in a creative slump. I have learned tricks to trick my creative self into making good music. Other times I cannot trick my brain into being creative.


Reviewing the techniques that I have used in the past is the best way to get myself back into a creative view. Lately, I have composed a song to go with a Therapeutic Music Experience (TME) for body part identification, creative movement, and simple enjoyment of a silly song. That TME plan, song, and visual aid will be posted on my website at:
http://www.musictherapyworks.com/ideasandexperiences.html
as soon as I get it completed. Watch for that new TME offered by www.musictherapyworks.com!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA