Trying, no striving for organization

I try very hard to be an organized person.

I have a reputation for being organized, but I just remember things well. I spend lots of time remembering the things that went wrong in situations and then making sure they do not happen again. For example, after needing electricity in a professional meeting and watching my battery die, I always bring an extension cord to meetings. This appears to be a signal of organization to others. To me, it is just learning from my previous mistakes.

In my home life, I am a pack rat. I buy things that I really do not need, but that I think I will use in the future. Now, the good thing is that I do use that stuff in the future, but I store it in my house in the meantime. That means that there is LOTS of junk in my small living space. 

This next week is clean up and throw out week.

I will be looking at what I already have here and will be trying to figure out what is finished and what is still needing work. We shall see.

The transfer to the music therapy world is a convoluted one...sorry for this.

I think that a pack rat person makes a creative therapist. I have a literal bag of tricks to go along with my music therapy bag of tricks. If a client has an interest in trucks, I can find something that will engage that client in music therapy.

Now, enough time sitting here talking about getting organized - I have to just do it.

Sigh.

Here I go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA