Thankful Things

Yesterday was the American holiday of Thanksgiving, and many folks posted about things they were thankful for. I decided to wait until today for the completely practical reason that I was not around my computer all day yesterday.

Today I am thankful for the community of music therapists that I spent some time with a week ago. The American Music Therapy Association national conference in Atlanta last week was a wonderful experience for me. I do not always come away from the conference as refreshed and invigorated as I did with this one, but I always go to the conference looking for inspiration.

I am thankful for my clients. Those children have gone through experiences that many of us would have nightmares about, and yet they still manage to play, sing, learn, and find good things in life. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to help them in their journey through life.

I am always thankful for my family.

I am thankful that I am a music therapist - someone who has the responsibility to use music to help others gain their life goals. I am thankful that there exists a community of music therapists who also use music to help others gain their life goals. I am thankful for researchers who take the time to establish the profession as an evidence-based science. I am thankful for the clinicians who are in the trenches day after day, using the research to benefit clients of all shapes, sizes, and ability levels.

Thank you, all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA