Do Over...

Today is a day I wish I could do over.

There really wasn't anything bad about the day, but there wasn't anything spectacular about it, either. My first two session were with kids who did not connect with me or with the music easily. It was like pulling teeth to get them to interact with me and with the music, but it was nearly impossible for interaction with both!

My four groups were fine. Kids participated in all experiences without issues. They appeared to enjoy singing about the weather, the rhythm wheel experiences, all things from opening through closing. Kids just seemed a bit "off."

Now, my analytical self starts to try to figure out what went wrong today. We had stormy weather blow in and out of the area, it is the second week of school, and all of us seemed cranky. I am going to chalk this up to a convergence of many different factors.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and start a day over again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA