Thinking about Stuff

Oh, dear. Here is a veritable word salad of thoughts, ideas, concepts, and random moments. My apologies to begin with...

I have been on my own on vacation for the past twelve days. I have spent lots of time in my home cleaning, sorting, and tossing things out. I have been overwhelmed at times, sad at times, frustrated at times, and downright bored at other times. This is what vacation is for - to refresh and be ready to get back to therapy.
I have six days left to continue to refresh and renew my therapeutic energy. I am sure that many therapists in the music therapy world would feel that I need supervision of a professional type, but I think that this time on my own is more effective for me than going into a counseling session. I have always been a introspective person. I feel that I can work through issues that affect my therapeutic relationships with the supports that I have available to me. My family, my friends, and my co-workers offer me opportunities to discuss therapy and other issues. I do not feel that mandating professional counseling in the guise of "supervision" is an appropriate requirement for music therapists. There are many other, VERY loud therapists out there who vehemently disagree with me.
My argument comes from a purely financial position. I cannot afford to be in supervision/counseling. I can't afford to buy meat next month if I want to drive to work daily. I am simply not able to go to an outside person. I probably never will be able to that.

I've been thinking about other things in the silence of my home.

More later...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA