The SEMTAP and me...

I completed my first SEMTAP observation today. What a mess I am in the middle of at this point right now. 

The parents want the student to get music therapy services because they want her to be able to perform.

The student refuses to perform.

The student has exactly two (2) IEP goals, neither of which are appropriate for music therapy services.

The SEMTAP is basically writing itself now. I am not able to justify music therapy services to support the goals and objectives on the IEP. We will probably head into mediation because of all of this. Did I mention that this is part of my current job, and I have had to cancel the music therapy sessions for the 83 students that I am paid to work with during the school day??

Tomorrow I go back to complete the protocol. What a weird way to spend a day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA