Preparing for the Newbies...

My new interns are coming in two weeks. I have taken some time getting ready for them, and I am just about ready to start my role as supervisor again. I have spent the last 6 months getting back into the groove of being a therapist and do not want to lose that role as I become a supervisor again. The next interns will have a very different internship than the previous interns.

How to balance multiple roles?

Therapist - my preferred role in the music therapy clinic - leading sessions, developing therapeutic relationships with others, and using music to interact with others.

Supervisor/Teacher - showing others how to become the best therapist they can be.

Leading by example, cutting the apron strings, and then watching them fly away. Aah, the challenges ahead for us all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA