Where has the year gone?

2008 is almost over. It has been a busy year with many therapeutic "A-ha" moments for me as well as MANY "oh-no" moments. Here are a few for your reading pleasure...

  • Oh-no #1 - realization that, while I have been working REALLY hard at my education, I have not made as much progress as I would have liked towards my advanced degree in music therapy
  • A-ha #1 - the archives in Fort Collins are very interesting and a valuable resource for therapists interested in what folks thought about music therapy as a profession way back when
  • Oh-no #2 - my anonymity in my profession is rapidly disintegrating
  • A-ha #2 - other music therapists like my ideas and what I share with them during conferences - thanks to all who stopped by my space in the Clinical Practice Forum
  • Oh-no #3 - I have not been able to spend as much time as I would like on developing new experiences, interventions, and applications for my clients - the projects are piling up
  • A-ha #3 - online CMTE courses WILL be viable soon, CBMT willing!!
  • Oh-no #4 - I am rapidly running out of options in the professional market, so, unless someone in my immediate family wins the lottery, I am pretty well set in my job
  • A-ha #4 - Music therapy continues to be the best option for me as a person - it is fulfilling, even with the challenges and obstacles that sometimes occur
  • Oh-no #5 - Sometimes folks on the listserv appear to need attention greatly causing me to immediately delete anything from specific writers rather than taking the time to read their thoughts
  • A-ha #5 - even though things change, change does not mean that the end of the world is arriving

Goals for next year - 2009

  1. Finish competency papers
  2. Move into comprehensive examination and dissertation phases
  3. Continue to work with music therapy interns
  4. Travel to Washington D.C. for a VACATION!!!!!
  5. Start up online CMTE courses through the website, specifically designed to provide clinicians with training on development and creative applications and interventions for clients
  6. SLEEP

Here's to a very long year that is now coming to a close! Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA