From this side of the 20th reunion...

So, please indulge me as I wax nostalgic for a bit. My 20th high school reunion was last Saturday evening, and I am still reeling from the shock that it actually happened - It did, I saw pictures!

In addition to reunion shock, I had to participate in the CBMT Practice Analysis Survey and then had to figure out how long I've been a music therapist. That was just as shocking. I realized that I have been a music therapist for over 15 years - this is another revelation for me!

I guess I should have seen it coming.

You know, I don't generally feel old when I'm working with my clients. I dance, joke, and keep up with the younglings very well. I can sit on the floor cross-legged and get up without help. I can belt out tunes from Rihanna, Chris Brown, and Keith Urban with the best of them. Working with children is a great way to feel young - you have to keep moving or you get run over.

Is this a mid-life crisis? I sincerely hope not since I hope to live longer than twice my age at this time. What do women do during their mid-life crises? There are lots of examples of what men do, but you don't generally hear about women. I can't afford a sports car. I'm not able to trade in my husband for a younger model, because, hee hee, I don't have one. I WILL not get another cat - I am trying really hard NOT to be the old lady with the 40 cats!!! So what is left?

I guess I will finish my Ph.D.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA