Putting Your Best Foot Forward

So, I have come to accept the fact that our leader and boss is leaving. I am not happy about the situation, but the fact is that she has to do what is best for her. I have to do what is best for me. I am ready to move on and see what the future holds.

I know the immediate future holds lots of uncertainty and grief on the part of my coworkers. I tend to be a person who grieves deeply but briefly - stormy bouts of emotion followed by logical thought and acceptance. I also tend to understand many points of view when it comes to the feelings of others. The therapist in me comes out, and I tend to be the person that listens to others as they grieve.

It is time to move forward and start the process of developing a team with a different, or even without, a team leader. Our best foot, as a team, is the level of care that we provide to our clients. We will be able to continue that level of care without our boss. There will probably be some increase the amount of staff squabbles and issues, but we can still work together for the good of our clients. We have to as a group, or we will not survive.

So, business as usual on Monday - music therapy groups all day, supervising an intern's first work with clients, preparation for an intern applicant's interview and audition, talking to friends and coworkers about our situation, wondering what our situation is and will be, and providing a note of optimism. Nothing much will change in the music room...I will still supervise interns, play the guitar, listen to Radio Disney CDs, read my email, feel tired at the end of the day, and carry on.

We will survive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA