Getting Ready...

I am in the process of getting ready to guest lecture at one of the local universities. My topic today is Music Therapy with Adolescents, and I'm going to be speaking to a senior music therapy class. I have found that Adolescents are an underresearched and underestimated population with very unique issues in music therapy. That is not my blog topic for today.

My favorite part about being a music therapist is watching others discover the joy of music. This happens to me lots in the clinic, which is why I am guest lecturing rather than teaching. It also occurs when I'm talking to other therapists - novice and professional - about my "kids." I have been told that I am very obvious in my attitudes and enthusiasm for the things that I am passionate about - can't hide anything on my face! It will be fun to share some of that enthusiasm today with preprofessionals.

I am basically just killing time before I have to leave. More later when I finish the lecture and the day at the university. I love college campuses - that's probably the reason that I am still a student after SO many years!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA