New Year, New Focus

It is time for new thoughts and new goals. The new year offers me an opportunity to establish professional goals and evaluate the types of treatment that I offer my clients. I will offer my professional goals here on this blog in an effort to keep myself on track during 2008. We shall see how it works...
  1. I will update my Therapeutic Musical Experience file for the benefit of my session planning process and for my interns. I will focus on goal identification when I am arranging the file. This is an ongoing process and an ongoing goal.
  2. I will complete my 3 publishable products in the spring semester, allowing me to continue onto my dissertation. Each of these products will be outcome-based training oriented and will increase knowledge of clinical training techniques in the music therapy field.
  3. I will design several methods for teaching music theory to persons with developmental and psychiatric diagnoses. I will test these methods with my clients, refining and compiling results into music therapy protocol.
  4. I will have fun.
  5. I will make music everyday.
  6. I will listen to my interns.
  7. I will complete all my professional responsibilities as assigned by my boss.
  8. I will focus on each day as a separate entity and make goals that are appropriate to that one day.

What a list of things to do during the year. I hope that there will be many posts updating my progress or lack thereof in the near future.

Time to clean the apartment - my office area is a mess, but there are many other areas to organize and clean before I can get all of the office stuff out. January's personal goal is to clean every inch of carpet in the apartment. This will involve things such as cleaning out, throwing away, building, repairing, organizing, and labeling as much as possible. I am making a slow start, but I am starting. I wish I could organize my home as easily as my professional goals!

January 1, 2008 - a year full of promise and opportunity. Here I go...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA