Getting Ready
So, I've fallen deep into the great Lawrence triangle. Haven't heard of it? It's the lesser known phenomenon that is centered around my apartment. Basically, the Lawrence triangle causes things to disappear! Every little thing that I need disappears as soon as I need it. The adapter cord to the drill, the phone book, hammers, mops,...you name it, if I need it, it disappears. So, to fool the great Lawrence triangle, I am currently making archive copies of CDs for use at work and deciding how to use the songs in therapy sessions.
I am also watching lots of movies during this break. The eventual goal is to have all of the things that I need to take to LMC in the car by next Saturday. I need to make several visual aid containers for the cabinets. I have several instruments to take back to LMC and lots of scarves, beanbags, and props that I kept at home after my sabbatical at KU.
I've been thinking alot about the therapeutic process of fostering the skills of others. As a clinical supervisor, I have many opportunities to evaluate my own therapy skills while teaching others. I also really want to develop the skills of each intern - helping them be the best therapist they can be. It is an interesting way to view therapy, and the path I think I will always pursue. It is nice to have a focus.
I'M FOCUSED! This will really help my focus at school. Now I need to get disciplined about writing and making my case to my professors! The final frontier!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA