It has been a busy summer!




...and now it is over! I am currently in fall break, recooperating from a long summer working. It has not been a bad summer, but it has seemed long and tedious. I am ready for the fall to arrive.




Not much happening here. I am attempting to clean out the apartment and it is going slowly. I have decluttered several spots in the apartment, but the progress is slow. This is not new, but I really want to get things out of my life! We will see how long it takes to clear things out.




The summer started with a trip to CA to see Mom and Dad. Tawnya came with me as it was also a busman's holiday. We had to give an inservice for some of the most unorganized folks I have ever worked with! We arrived and found out that no one had a clue that we were supposed to be there!


I did get to spend some time on Santa Monica Beach just north of the pier. We also went to Universal Studios - lots has changed since I was there last! I highly recommend the rides - very fun!

We ended up spending lots more time in the car than I had originally planned. This was due to the F5 tornado that ripped through Greensburg, Kansas and closed large sections of US Hwy 54 - both west and east! Lots of Oklahoma that I could have lived without seeing. Anyway, we finished up the trip just in time for summer school to start.

Summer school brought an intern to train at LMC. The great thing about training interns is their enthusiasm for being a music therapist! I have to be on my best behavior, and this helps me be a better therapist. I try not to get into ruts, but they do occur. Students shake me out of my rut. I must be feeling good about this as I have accepted another intern for September and seem to have applicants coming out of the woodwork!! We're popular again!

More to come later - I'm done now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA